Monday, January 3, 2011

000/100 - #000 Introduction

This little introduction is also a test of format for me. This year, 2011, I have made it a personal goal to watch all of the AFI Top 100 Movies (as listed in 2007). I do not plan to watch them in any particular order, just queueing them from Netflix in pairs that interest me. I am eternally grateful for those movies available online, streaming from Netflix right to my TV or iPhone.

I do not consider the AFI list to be the be-all and end-all list of the best movies of all-time, but I chose this list because it is so well-known... and all the films are easily available to me. If I find some time (ha!), I may try to include some of the 23 classics that AFI dropped from their original 1997 list when they updated in 2007.

As a busy mom and foster mom of five small children, I don't know what makes me think I can tackle this goal in a year (other than the fact two classic movies each week for a year sounds kind of fun). I also don't know what makes me think anyone will care about my opinions of the movies or my take on their continued relevance. I just know if I am going to watch these movies, I'd like to share my thoughts... and hear yours! Please feel free to comment on this blog and join in the discussion about your favorite films. I also hope to include the thoughts of my husband from time to time as well as my son who will join me for a few of the more family-friendly movies.

Finally, I hope to use these movies for inspiration in my other hobby: scrapbooking. I might use titles or share quotes, share relevant photos or links or scrapbook pages. I hope my fellow scrapbookers will find inspiration from movies they watch after seeing some ideas here.

Thanks for your interest and for joining me on my journey! Let's talk about the AFI Top 100 Movies of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment